Chewing Daxie Cross

terror x 3

I have a daxie x mini foxie who loves to chew....i know both breeds love to do this and i knew that before I got the little devil. My question is what toy can I give him that he isnt going to destroy in 2.5 seconds?He loves soft plush toys so for a treat ill buy him a cheap one so he can have fun destroying it and he loves squeaky toys also. I have 2 other dogs that love these toys as well but they're not QUITE as destructive!

Does anyone know of some tough toys that will keep his interest and will last?I swear Winston was a staffy or something in another life cos he's as tough as one!

He doesnt really go for harder toys like kongs they dont hold his interest for long enough but he is very food orientated! he's nearly a year old now that i think about it and is de-sexed and very intelligent MOST of the time haha

Well he has eaten 2 chairs sorry Mrs D, also 3 dog beds,electrical cord and an old couch....Oh and 3 of those elizabethan collars when he was desexed, as he also wanted to eat his stitches :laugh:

Edited by varicool

He doesnt really go for harder toys like kongs they dont hold his interest for long enough but he is very food orientated! he's nearly a year old now that i think about it and is de-sexed and very intelligent MOST of the time haha

Kongs are great if you smear peanut butter inside and then stick piece of liver treats in the peanut butter. Make sure it isn't easy for them to get out (so right in the centre of the kong), and they can spend hours trying to get the treats :laugh:

Edited by Stormy

Kongs are great if you smear peanut butter inside and then stick piece of liver treats in the peanut butter. Make sure it isn't easy for them to get out (so right in the centre of the kong), and they can spend hours trying to get the treats :laugh:

ive tried kongs but sadly no matter what i put in them he's not interested, i also tried raw bones but he polishes them off quicker than u can say boo! thanks for the input though

Kongs are great if you smear peanut butter inside and then stick piece of liver treats in the peanut butter. Make sure it isn't easy for them to get out (so right in the centre of the kong), and they can spend hours trying to get the treats ;)

ive tried kongs but sadly no matter what i put in them he's not interested, i also tried raw bones but he polishes them off quicker than u can say boo! thanks for the input though

Bugger :laugh:

Maybe Winston would like to polish of my leather lounge that my current Dachshund foster has started on..... :laugh: Leo spends lots of time licking the lounge (maybe it's the closest he's come to a cow) even when he's not trying to chew it....

oooooooohhhhh winston would adore that!he loves to chew things he's not supposed to! he gets in trouble but then looks at me with his "sad ears" on and i cant help but squish him!how long ru fostering the daxi?

Until he finds his forever home (or finishes eating our home contents ;) ) which ever comes first :laugh: He too has a fetish for toys and has to leave them in a million pieces, plus he also hogs the toys, luckily though the whippets are faster and can sneak in like a flash and steal them back. And this is from a 10 year old Dachshund..... :laugh:

oooooooohhhhh winston would adore that!he loves to chew things he's not supposed to! he gets in trouble but then looks at me with his "sad ears" on and i cant help but squish him!how long ru fostering the daxi?

Until he finds his forever home (or finishes eating our home contents :love: ) which ever comes first :p He too has a fetish for toys and has to leave them in a million pieces, plus he also hogs the toys, luckily though the whippets are faster and can sneak in like a flash and steal them back. And this is from a 10 year old Dachshund..... ;)

Maybe you can feed him some shin bones? To keep him away from the lounge? :laugh: Good going Whippys :laugh:

10 years old :) So is he is 10 turning 2?? :rofl: :p

:love::love::) ;) :):)

-Nemo :)

Edited by Finding Nemo

Sometimes with Kongs you have to persevere. My dogs took ages to take to them. I would fill them with tasty treats. They would sniff them, paw them a bit then just leave them. I had to show them what they were for, throw them around a bit etc etc Now they love them.

For a long lasting toy I prefer rope chews ie a rope with plastic sausages on. Plush toys last about an hour in my house, the rope is two years old and still going strong.