Remembering Kaiser

max'mum

post-19341-1184324265_thumb.jpg

In loving memory of Kaiser the sweetest most gentle of creatures. I will miss you more than I could believe. A wonderful friend who gave love and trusted me to the very end. Your pain was too much for us all to bear. May you be chasing balls and running free and easy, till we meet again.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just had Kaiser's ashes returned to me in a beautiful timber box by the people who cremated him. They gave me a poem which I would like to share.

Just a Dog

From time to time, people tell me "lighten up, its just a dog" or "thats a lot of money for just a dog".

They don't understand the distances travelled, the time spent or or the costs involved for " just a dog".

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog".

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog", but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog", and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and the reason to overcome the day.

If you too think its "just a dog", then you probably understand phrases like "just a friend", "just a sunrise" or "just a promise"....

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" i get up early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and people like me, its not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out the best in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day...

I hope some day they can understand that its not "just a dog", but a thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from just being a woman...

So next time you hear the phrase "just a dog", smile because

"they just don't understand".

Author Unknown