A 'poo' Question

My Maltese is having her first season. Her stools are normal apart from a thick mucuous (slimy white to clear) coating which I had not noticed her pass before. I have seen it in an older dog I owned - but she was often unwell - and that is why I am concerned.

The only other change is that we are on the road.. travelling north... maybe she has not having sufficient water as although offered - she doesn't drink much while on the move.

I have also given her a couple of canned meals over two weeks... doubt this would cause this result. And her poo is much more pongy than usual.

Your imput appreciated.

This is perhaps related to stress as your pup is travelling AND in season for the first time. It's possible that her digestive system is also not used to the food you are giving her and that is also causing a problem. Can you get her to a vet for a once-over?

This is perhaps related to stress as your pup is travelling AND in season for the first time. It's possible that her digestive system is also not used to the food you are giving her and that is also causing a problem. Can you get her to a vet for a once-over?

Thanks Lillysmum.... will probably take a sample to the vet tomorrow and have her checked out.