Recommendation For Obedience Class In Fairfield Area?

hi,

i am looking for a obedience class in the fairfield area.

Does anyone have any good recommendation? and does anyone know how much it cost to attend?

My dog is a 2yr Labrador and i need to give him some training. He knows how to sit, stay, go home in my language only. he knows how to lay down but only when i say and also point my fingers to the ground then he understands and do it. he is a very smart dog, i only have to teach him once or twice and he catches on real quick.

The only problem i have is he pulls on the lead and doesnt heel. He is also always jumping on me, standing up, he is a very big dog and i am only small person, its hard for me to support his weight like this ,i dont know how to teach him so i need to take him to class, and also he need to learn to behave since we will be living in a apartment soon.

Do they have alot of dogs attend to one class? my dog is lack in concentration and focus ( no wonder why he failed the test at breeder's to become a sniffer dog!)

Hi!

Everything you described your Labrador to be sounds like the typical behaviour of a Lab! They're so puppy-like until well into adulthood! You'll have lots of fun! :mad

If you live in fairfield, sydney, the closest dog obedience class for you would be werriwa dog obedience in liverpool. i'll PM you the number :mad

hi Skuzy!

It depends on what you are after.

When i went to werriwa a few years back i found the dog training to be more geared towards trialing dogs.

Everyone knew each other and it was a very small group.

Macarthur dog training has alot more people, and bigger classes. Alot more families attend for a fun thing to do with their dog or because they are having problems. There is a small group that do trial in obedience and agility.

i do enjoy macarthur but haven't gone in a while as their classes are on a monday night, and it's too freezing!

i'll wait till it gets warmer!