Walking Belt For Loose Leash Walking And ?training?

I'm thinking of using one of these, together with a normal lead, dog walking on loose leash next to me (sort-of heel).

http://www.windchill.com.au/walking_belt.htm

http://www.blackdog.net.au/accessories.php

Thought it'd be handy for times when you have your hands full picking up poo, grabbing children to cross the road etc.

Any thoughts?

I'm not likely to be pulled over. Standard poodle is 25kg, though still growing, and improving with his loose leash walking. It's for back-up only e.g. when he decided to lunge toward one of the local free range chickens :banghead:.

Mr PW has kindly pointed out that I will look like a d*head, but what's new?

I was favouring the windchill one as it's much cheaper ($30 vs. $55).

I don't plan to have the dog out the front of me, but on the side.

THanks!

I take my greyhounds to GAP promos all the time and when we are setting up etc it is sometimes painful to have to hold leashes, I got an el cheapo lead from Crazy Clarks that has clips on both ends and 2 rings within the length, goes through my jeans belt loop perfectly and they just stand beside me.

I'd teach the dog off-lead heeling and I'd have the children on-lead. :laugh: No ..... only joking.

On busy roads I'd teach the dog loose-lead walking even in the presence of chickens and still have the children on-lead. :rofl:

I'd teach the dog off-lead heeling and I'd have the children on-lead. ;) No ..... only joking.

On busy roads I'd teach the dog loose-lead walking even in the presence of chickens and still have the children on-lead. :rofl:

Oh, but the chickens are so alluring and my arms so weak :) .

Joking? I had a leash for my son :o . He was born in the UK and in some spots it was only one step off the footpath onto the road. Leash, I mean "child harness"- was great! Never found a real need for it once we moved back here. Made me appreciate Australia :).

Edited by Poodle wrangler