Dog Bored With Agility?!?

We have a beautiful, energetic border collie who would be exceptional at agility but with our course ata home she gets bored, we move it around, treats EVERYTHING!!

anything that she would love?? :cry:

she loves catching the frisbee and will do that non stop if she had the chance!

We have a beautiful, energetic border collie who would be exceptional at agility but with our course ata home she gets bored, we move it around, treats EVERYTHING!!

Weird!

How many jumps do you have?

What other equipment do you have?

At what pace do you train?

What time of day do you train?

How often do you train?

Is the equipment out of reach when not training?

How old is the dog?

My wife has a BC and I have a Staff and boredom with agility is the least of our problems.

UP the rewards - ie make em better (does she like a certain toy OR bbq chicken or something??) AND more often!

Dont worry about how accurate she is doing anything - just as long as she is trying, reward the enthusiasm!

When she is really keen!!! THEN start rewarding for more specific stuff...

It is easy to make the mistake of making things too hard & while you wait for a correct behaviour, the dog gets frustrated/loses interest...

sounds like Happy in the early stages. I would give it a rest and try flyball or disc dog, then just toss in a little agility here and there for a change. I made the mistake of pushing it with Happy, and all I did was make her HATE agility. it got to the point that she would hide when she saw Agility equipment, now she wont even do it on any occasion :rofl:

yeah i have slowed down on the agility and she is so food orientated it's not funny... if she didnt spend all day chasing birds.... (hmmm maybe we should get the birds to do the course! :laugh: ) she'd be fat. to put it plainly!

am starting to train her for discdogs and she is absolutely loving it so the agility can be left to the others. the ones that like it! lol :)