Strange Lump On 7 Month Old Pups Leg

scratchcat

Hi everyone,

My 7 month old American Bulldog has a strange lump on her hock. I guess you could say it's around the front of it but in the crease part if that makes sense?? Anyway, she's been checked out by her vet who is actually unsure of what it is. She's been on anti inflam with no change and the vet doesn't believe it's a cyst. He doesn't want to put a needle in it and thinks it's attached to a ligament. He also thinks it has a bit of scar tissue in it?? I saw her limping 3 weeks ago but she was fine after a couple of hours and hasn't limped since. She is a very energetic 31kg pup! The vet has suggested let things be and see how she goes for awhile. She doesn't appear to be in any pain but because I can see the lump and know it shouldn't be there, I'm thinking of getting another opinion for peace of mind. I would appreciate if anyone can recommend a vet that possibly deals with leg injuries / lumps? I live south east Victoria. Thankyou in advance.

Go to another vet and get a second opinion...

Ollies lumps were left because they were deemed to be lipomas - they were in fact mast cell cancer...

I tell eveyone, get the lump needle aspirated to be sure - it is the only way...

I will never leave a lump on a dog ever again - I learned the hard way that even harmless looking lumps can be more sinister..

I really hope that your dog has scar tissue and that it is nothing at all...

Good luck

Jodie

You could try Monash Vet Clinic.

1742 Dandenong Rd (cnr of North Rd)

Clayton.

I find them pretty good.

Also.

David Clarke in Hallam Vet Clinic.

55 Belgrave - Hallam Rd

Hallam.

9703 1776.

He is pretty good too, especially for dental work.

You could try Monash Vet Clinic.

1742 Dandenong Rd (cnr of North Rd)

Clayton.

I find them pretty good.

Also.

David Clarke in Hallam Vet Clinic.

55 Belgrave - Hallam Rd

Hallam.

9703 1776.

He is pretty good too, especially for dental work.

Or if you're up for the drive,

Murray Clarke in Kilsyth

Thankyou for the advice and recommendations. My pup is booked in today at the Monash. Once I find out what's going on I'll update. The lump hasn't improved and after reading a few other posts on lumps I think I've freaked myself out a little. She's only 7 months old so hopefully all will be ok. Thanks again.

Edited by scratchcat

Back from the vet. Turns out my pup had a torn tendon sheath (obviously the limping I noticed 3 weeks ago!) and this caused a seroma which the vet took some fluid out of just to be sure. Apparently its very likely to come back but should go down again in a couple of weeks on its own. Thanks to Lisa M, the vet was lovely and was able to diagnose quite quickly. I'm very relieved and there should be no long term damage. Now to try and keep her quiet!!! :laugh: