Best Dryer For An Aghan Hound

afghanhound

Hi, I have an 18 month old afghan and we are going through the dreaded coat change - hopefully near the end of it - I have just bought a hydrobath and want to get a dryer but there are so many options - can anyone recommend one for an afghan that is not too expensive. Thanks.

Hi AfghanHound,

Having been in the breed for over 30 years I would suggest that you buy a dryer on a stand, preferably one that has two speeds and if available variable temperatures. Having both hands free whist grooming is a must. Have a look at:

www.melbournedogcentre.com.au or try the PetNetwork site , they both have dryers that would be suitable.

Good Luck with your Affie.

margc2 :laugh:

Best dryer I found for Afghans is the Simpson Supajet stand dryer. If you can pick them up second hand, they are a bargain. They last 30+years.

Melbourne Dog Centre dryers last about 7-8 years, are good but can be a bit strong as the coat gets longer. As an aside "Force Dryers" cause a lot of tangles in really long coat if you aren't careful.

Liberty stand dryers are OK except every time I go near one they seem to catch on fire (I think it's me :laugh:)

Laser Lites are advertising a dryer that they claim is almost as good as a Simpson, don't know how much they are charging though.

Second hand is a great way to go, check out the classifieds in the big newspapers and here on DOL. We got a 5 year old Simpson Supajet from DOL classifieds last year, it's very handy (to go with our 2 x 30 year old ones LOL).

Hiya

I've just been through the same hunt for the perfect dryer.

I ended up buying the Double K 9000 - its the heated stand dryer with hose attachments.

Its been great and has a great deal of power. All the attachments make it very versitile and its been the best of both worlds having variable heat and variable airflow.

I can highly recommend it !!

I've used a few different dryers and have to say having something with a bit more oomph has made a big difference (from the dogs point of view too!) - that said Lowenhart is right - you need to be careful about your air angles when drying long coats.

Good Luck!!

Libby

Hiya

I've just been through the same hunt for the perfect dryer.

I ended up buying the Double K 9000 - its the heated stand dryer with hose attachments.

Its been great and has a great deal of power. All the attachments make it very versitile and its been the best of both worlds having variable heat and variable airflow.

I can highly recommend it !!

I've used a few different dryers and have to say having something with a bit more oomph has made a big difference (from the dogs point of view too!) - that said Lowenhart is right - you need to be careful about your air angles when drying long coats.

Good Luck!!

Libby

Where did you purchase it and what was the cost?