Anyone Recommend A Vet On Northern Beaches

ILuvAmstaffs

After a disasterous first visit to a vet that was uncomfortable treating an fearful large breed dog, I am now needing to find an alternative vet ASAP.

Does anyone on here know of any vets that are good with large dogs on the Sydneys Northern beaches? Pittwater Vet Hospital would be very handy, but I just want to hear a few recommendations before I take my boy there. Another experience like the last will just reinforce his fear of medical intervetion.

If you're only talking about AmStaff size, the Northern Beaches is the Staffy(and their cousins) capital of the world :laugh: I would have thought that any vet would (should) be used to the breed.

Where was the initial vet? Local?

I've tried quite a few vets around the Beaches with no luck so keep going back to Gladesville. :)

Um, the vet I used wasn't local. Infact they were about a 40minute drive away, but were higly recommended. Unfortunately the vet at that surgery that I saw, seemed to think Diesel jumping up to lick her face in excitement when she was bent over with her face next to his, was dominant behaviour & refused to examine him further.

Thus why I am looking for a vet that is more local & that is known to be ok with larger dogs. Especially bullies. :)

I do have a little dog but there are always BIG dogs in the surgery - ring reception and ask if anyone in particulary prefers big dogs. They're just so nice and on the ball down there - or at least I've found them to be so.