The Pawman

RL1

I bet my bottom dollar K9 Force could help.

Did the pawman say he couldnt help?

well, he did the initial assessment but that was as far as we got,he said my boy isn't really suitable for a domestic household situation. He seemed like he had a lot of knowledge and experience, just wasn't the outcome i was wanting. I think i've tried just about all the trainers i can, but it's not a money issue.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess this is as good a time as any.....I've been talking to Steve about coming up this way for another workshop next year. It will probably be around March and he sometimes is able to do one on one sessions either side of the workshop. I'm guessing March is too long for you to wait RottieLover01. I guess I'll start another thread about this now :hug:

Having said that I second Husky87's recommendation of Jane Harper. I know that Steve Courtney recommends her to people up this way if they can't get to him and she is a great lady.

I guess this is as good a time as any.....I've been talking to Steve about coming up this way for another workshop next year. It will probably be around March and he sometimes is able to do one on one sessions either side of the workshop. I'm guessing March is too long for you to wait RottieLover01. I guess I'll start another thread about this now :hug:

Having said that I second Husky87's recommendation of Jane Harper. I know that Steve Courtney recommends her to people up this way if they can't get to him and she is a great lady.

I emailed K9 Force last night and he told me he can't recommend anyone up here who can help. He did however suggest a trip down to see him. Just that a 25 - 30 hour round trip, plus all cost's is a big gamble if i don't get past step 1.

H: AFAIK Steve can cater from people coming from other states and can organise accomodation for you, I'd email him and have a chat

K9: This is true, many travel from interstate & yes we can organise accomodation for you & your dog...

R: 16 hours , that would be one hell of a trip if he looked at my boy and said he couldn't help

K9: I absolutely g/tee that I wont say I cant help...

JJ: I bet my bottom dollar K9 Force could help.

K9: Thanks JJ, better do my best then or I might have to set you up a bunk....

RL: I emailed K9 Force last night and he told me he can't recommend anyone up here who can help. He did however suggest a trip down to see him. Just that a 25 - 30 hour round trip, plus all cost's is a big gamble if i don't get past step 1.

K9: as Rom said, I may be heading that way next year... But if you do come down, we set you up a weekend package with two or three sessions, your dog will go home a lot better, but maybe not reach the levels you desire? Not sure...

RottyLover01 - if you are serious about saving your dog then i would definitely go see k9force. He saved my girl after i had been told numerous times to have her PTS. Under his instruction and programs, she has improved dramatically.

It will take a lot of dedication and hard work, on your behalf, to turn your dog around, but k9 will never give up on either of you.

I'm looking to try one more trainer and think i will give "The Pawman" a try. Has anyone here dealt with him and if so what did you think . My boy still has some dog to dog aggression and i still don't have total control of him when we're out in public. I tried Dog Tech in the past but in my opinion that was a waste and i wanted to try group training, however the instructors wouldn't allow my boy to take part with the other dogs. I'd be happy to hear any other recommendations too.

What dog issues do you have?

RottyLover01 - if you are serious about saving your dog then i would definitely go see k9force. He saved my girl after i had been told numerous times to have her PTS. Under his instruction and programs, she has improved dramatically.

It will take a lot of dedication and hard work, on your behalf, to turn your dog around, but k9 will never give up on either of you.

it's not me that a trainer has to worry about throwing in the towel, it's finding a trainer who won't throw in the towel, as has been the case to date ( excluding The Pawman who was upfront and professional). Money hasn't been the issue, but i'll start to think twice now about handing over cash to another trainer such as the first 3 i tried.

I'm looking to try one more trainer and think i will give "The Pawman" a try. Has anyone here dealt with him and if so what did you think . My boy still has some dog to dog aggression and i still don't have total control of him when we're out in public. I tried Dog Tech in the past but in my opinion that was a waste and i wanted to try group training, however the instructors wouldn't allow my boy to take part with the other dogs. I'd be happy to hear any other recommendations too.

exactly as i have stated above

Guest Steph & Bam

it's not me that a trainer has to worry about throwing in the towel, it's finding a trainer who won't throw in the towel, as has been the case to date ( excluding The Pawman who was upfront and professional). Money hasn't been the issue, but i'll start to think twice now about handing over cash to another trainer such as the first 3 i tried.

exactly as i have stated above

Try Jane Harper, she has done amazing things for Husky87s' Micha's dog aggression issues. Jane's help has also meant that Husky has near total control of Micha in most situations. She still uses common sense.

The first time Bam and Micha met (this is just one example) Micha did not like Bam at all. He was trying to drag Husky off her feet to get to him. Now when Bam is around Micha, Husky only needs to say his name and his focus is right back on her. This is what I saw.

It is a truly amazing turn-around, from a situation where Micha couldn't be within 15m of Bam without getting upset, to Micha and Bam able to sit side by side, with only the smallest of whimpers.

:thumbsup: To Husky for her hard work with Micha and :o To Jane for doing such a wonderful job.

ETA: Failing that, K9 Force is headed this way next year... :)

Edited by Steph & Bam

what are the chances of you taking a trip to NSW to see k9?
K9: Just keep in mind I have no available appointments left until just about end of January...

I was thinking about it , but looks like it won't be this year

Rottylover01 Steve has helped me with both my Rottys.

Including a very agressive male. If you have the dedication he will be able to help you and your dog.

Talk to him about a long distance course to get you started.

if you knew what i've been through with him, there's no question of being dedicated on my side. I don't believe any long distance course will help, the problem needs one on one attention.

You could also try the Brisbane IPO club, from what I understand there are experienced trainers in there they might possibly know of a person they can recommend.

I appreciate your help, but honestly, i'm not going to try any other trainers up this way, all the previous one's i've tried were recommended and were so called "experts" but all failed or more to the point didn't try or put it in the too hard basket. I've tried group, one on one home visits, left the dog with a trainer live in and so on........they're great at taking your money and claiming to know what they are doing, but i'm yet to meet one that has any idea how to help me.......

Guest Steph & Bam
what are the chances of you taking a trip to NSW to see k9?
K9: Just keep in mind I have no available appointments left until just about end of January...

I was thinking about it , but looks like it won't be this year

Rottylover01 Steve has helped me with both my Rottys.

Including a very agressive male. If you have the dedication he will be able to help you and your dog.

Talk to him about a long distance course to get you started.

if you knew what i've been through with him, there's no question of being dedicated on my side. I don't believe any long distance course will help, the problem needs one on one attention.

You could also try the Brisbane IPO club, from what I understand there are experienced trainers in there they might possibly know of a person they can recommend.

I appreciate your help, but honestly, i'm not going to try any other trainers up this way, all the previous one's i've tried were recommended and were so called "experts" but all failed or more to the point didn't try or put it in the too hard basket. I've tried group, one on one home visits, left the dog with a trainer live in and so on........they're great at taking your money and claiming to know what they are doing, but i'm yet to meet one that has any idea how to help me.......

Have you contacted Jane Harper?

I have seen first hand the transformation in Micha (Husky87's Husky) and while he is not leaping around to play with other dogs, he is very manageable and a tonne better than he was previously.

TBH It sounds as though you have decided that no-one can help your rotty without exhausting all options. Maybe the fact that his behaviour can only be managed, not cured is the problem here?

[

Have you contacted Jane Harper?

I have seen first hand the transformation in Micha (Husky87's Husky) and while he is not leaping around to play with other dogs, he is very manageable and a tonne better than he was previously.

TBH It sounds as though you have decided that no-one can help your rotty without exhausting all options. Maybe the fact that his behaviour can only be managed, not cured is the problem here?

Several people here have suggested her but i haven't contacted her as yet. I've tried four others ( who came recommended ) without success. I'm at the stage where i just cannot believe there isn't someone out there who has half an idea on how to improve him. I'm not even after a miracle or expect a total turn around, just an improvement. Who would've thought finding a dog trainer who knows what they're doing would be so difficult. :laugh: I guess the only one left worth a try would be Steve from K9 Force, everyone on this forum seems to rave about him. Amazing really, having to travel 15 hours each way to find a suitable dog trainer.

Guest Steph & Bam
Several people here have suggested her but i haven't contacted her as yet. I've tried four others ( who came recommended ) without success. I'm at the stage where i just cannot believe there isn't someone out there who has half an idea on how to improve him. I'm not even after a miracle or expect a total turn around, just an improvement. Who would've thought finding a dog trainer who knows what they're doing would be so difficult. :) I guess the only one left worth a try would be Steve from K9 Force, everyone on this forum seems to rave about him. Amazing really, having to travel 15 hours each way to find a suitable dog trainer.

:thumbsup: I would suggest you do contact Jane as well as K9. Jane is based here in Brisbane and it really is worth the email to her :D If you accurately describe your dogs behaviour to her I'm sure she would be able to let you know if she believes she can help or not. She truly did amazing things for Micha and in such a short time. I really hope that you do contact her and just see what she says. If it's not what you want to hear then take the trip down to K9. Everyone raves about K9 because he is one of the best, I would consider Jane to be at that level, considering she recently did a presentation for K9 Force's students on his latest course....

:D I did forget to say earlier, congrats on being so dedicated to your boy.

I doubt you'll find that to be the case, S&B. As I understand it the OP has consulted with numerous trainers and managed to exhaust a lot of funds and time on her dog.

The OP has only said she'd prefer not to see any more trainers up her way .... she didn't say she'd prefer not to see anyone else at all. She has been in contact with K9. He's booked until January, 2008. Give the OP a chance to draw breath and give her matter some thought.

ETA: Sorry - just realised the OP already responded to your post, S&B.

Edited by Erny

I doubt you'll find that to be the case, S&B. As I understand it the OP has consulted with numerous trainers and managed to exhaust a lot of funds and time on her dog.

The OP has only said she'd prefer not to see any more trainers up her way .... she didn't say she'd prefer not to see anyone else at all. She has been in contact with K9. He's booked until January, 2008. Give the OP a chance to draw breath and give her matter some thought.

thanks all :thumbsup: , just one thing Erny, replace the her with his and the she with he :)

Guest Steph & Bam

Hi Erny,

I didn't mean it to come out as harsh as it did, but couldn't think of a nicer way of putting it :) My sincerest apologies if my comment caused offence to the OP :thumbsup: . I know from personal experience, that there are a lot of people who immediately expect their dog aggro dogs to be happy to play with any other dog after one session with a behaviorist. They assumed it was curable, when in fact it is only manageable in severe cases. Following that they then assume that the trainer just can't be bothered giving them their 'miracle cure' which doesn't exist anywhere except in their own mind.

I tend to be of the mindset that if I ask the question and it is not the case then the OP will tell me and not take offence where none is intended, I have been wrong in the past and will be again, and I have no qualms in putting my hand up and admitting I was wrong. :D

ETA: No worries Erny, I think I was off track to anyway lol!

Edited by Steph & Bam