Dog Massage

Hey guys,

On "It's me or the dog" Victoria recommended dog massage for a particularly nutty dog as a way of getting the owners to calm their dog while in the show ring. She talked about running their hands along the coat and toward the spine.

I tried it on my dog and he seemed to enjoy it, was licking his nose (I think that's a relaxation signal, or something?? Not sure... that's what I heard). And wondered who else did it calm an exuberant dog?

Not to calm her but i massage Clover dog after running at the park. And to check her for any new lumps and bumps, she loves it and usually goes to sleep :mad.

Hey guys,

On "It's me or the dog" Victoria recommended dog massage for a particularly nutty dog as a way of getting the owners to calm their dog while in the show ring. She talked about running their hands along the coat and toward the spine.

I tried it on my dog and he seemed to enjoy it, was licking his nose (I think that's a relaxation signal, or something?? Not sure... that's what I heard). And wondered who else did it calm an exuberant dog?

I have a dog grooming salon & my partner, who does the actual grooming, uses a massage technique to calm nervous dogs - she has a lot of success with dogs that other groomers have said are "impossible". She says, once you relax them and gain their trust they are a lot easier to clip - less stress all round.