Physical Or Behavioural?

Mil

Herwin (9mths Bichon Frise) has always been great at sleeping through the night. By the time he was about 5mths he would sleep through and not need to go to the toilet. He usually sleeps until about 7-8.30 and then needs the toilet, and sometimes he has slept until 9.30-10. But in the last couple of weeks (since we got back from holiday) he has been waking up between 4-6am every morning to go to the toilet. The question is, does he really need to go, or is it turning into a bad habit? Do you think that he might have a bladder infection or something? The annoying thing is that we have just taken him to the vet a week ago but in amongst all the other things we had to ask, I forgot to ask about this, and I was hoping that it wouldn't go on this long or this consistently any way. Should we take him back to the vet to get checked out? We can't really afford to go again, so I don't want to go just to be told that it is a behavioural not medical problem. :)

We try taking him to the toilet before bed but he has never been willing to go on cue. :rofl:

Thank you any advice would be appreciated. :) (I hope it made sense)

Don't forget the days are getting lighter earlier...so they are more likely to wake up that bit earlier. At least my cats and one of my dogs is waking up earlier then usual. The other dog Bronx likes his sleep ins too much for light to be a bother :rofl: