Be Natural Dog Food

morgan

Was given a sample of this food for my puppies, who absolutely scoffed it after turning up their noses at Royal Canin (which they were raised on along with raw chicken necks, wings and beef mince). It has a lower protein level, more appropriate for large breeds.

Not having heard of this food before, I'm interested to find out if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with using it to raise large breed pups. As they won't eat enough to keep adequate weight on with any other food atm I'm considering using it - but need more info.

Haven't tried it but have seen a brochure about it.Just comes in a puppy,adult ,light and allergy sensitive varieties

How much is the RRP for a bag??

I would be interested in the RRP. IF my dogs would eat it?

Periau,have you tried a sample of the Nutro yet??

Was given a sample of this food for my puppies, who absolutely scoffed it after turning up their noses at Royal Canin (which they were raised on along with raw chicken necks, wings and beef mince). It has a lower protein level, more appropriate for large breeds.

Not having heard of this food before, I'm interested to find out if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with using it to raise large breed pups. As they won't eat enough to keep adequate weight on with any other food atm I'm considering using it - but need more info.

Morgan-did you get the sample from a supplier/shop?

Haven't tried it but have seen a brochure about it.Just comes in a puppy,adult ,light and allergy sensitive varieties

How much is the RRP for a bag??

I would be interested in the RRP. IF my dogs would eat it?

Periau,have you tried a sample of the Nutro yet??

Hi 4Paws my older dogs have tried it- but no- the pup hasnt.

Hi Morgan

I feed my GSD and my JRT Be-NatuRal dry biscuits along with chicken wings, mince, veges etc as this is what the breeder fed my GSD when I bought him, he is now 20 weeks old and the vet says he is in perfect health, people always comment on his condition when I take him to the park etc a couple of people have asked if I feed him eggs or oil to make his coat so shiny and healthy (I assume the condition of his coat has something to do with quality of food) ? Just my opinion but my two love it and it seems to agree with them no runny poo or anything like that either. The breeder I buy it from sells it for $90 per 20kg bag plus courier costs ($10 to my area which is 4 hrs drive from him) and it arrives guaranteed next day after I order it.

A couple of pics of my pups (just in case your wanted to see their condition) :thumbsup:

post-20511-1194226118.jpg

post-20511-1194226162.jpg

post-20511-1194226231.jpg

Thanks for that - I didn't even know how much it is!

I get a 30% discount on Royal Canin, so it is certainly a lot more expensive for me. Might get a bag and mix it with the RC just to keep costs at an affordable level. The pups are eating the adult food at present, so maybe those two together will work along with the chicken necks etc for calcium..