Dog Poo?

doggywoof

my golden was having some tummy problems the other day, she vomited once every morning for 3 days in a row, we took her to the vet, she got some injections and was right as rain when she got home that night, it seems it was a quick change in her diet that upset her tummy, oops :rofl: she has also been on some gastro tablets that we give her with her chicken and pasta

a couple of days before she started throwing up she got into our BBQ cover and possibly digested some, there wasnt alot of the cover missing but now i am worrying more because i havent seen her poo since saturday unless she is hiding it from me :rofl: i have looked around but our backyard isnt that big and i cant find any

could the combination of the injection, the tablets & now the change in diet to plain chicken and pasta, cause her to block up :rofl: .. I've heard of people's dogs digesting explorer socks and the like and they have been able to pass them... (if this is in fact the problem)

I know i might sound a bit silly, i havent had her for that long, she was inherited, she is 7 years old, :rofl:

One of the signs that alerted me to the problem was that my dog would lay down in a spot and stay for only a minute and move to another spot. I could see she was uncomfortable and had no idea why. I didn't even think of an obstruction...I just knew she was acting strangely.

Keep an eye on your dog and see if he's moving around instead of lying still in one spot.

Hope it all turns out ok for you and that you find a massive poop to pick up in the morning :rofl:

thanks cav, and thats the thing, she is happy and moving and jumping and doing her spinning arounds & zoomies when i get home (cos she misses me, how cute) so its hard to tell... except for the no poo thing.... bloody hell, why cant they just talk to us!

Was the dog was vomitting and having runny poops or just vomitting?

If she was just vomitting and hasn't pooped then I would be concerned about a blockage.

I find that when I change food suddenly I just get runny poops but not vomitting...

Edited to add: If she seems happy in her self then I wouldn't stress too much at this point. If she was vomitting up her food then her stomach might just be empty - hopefully tomorrow will bring a nice big poop :rofl:

Edited by Tilly

Doggywoof

You can get a fair idea if something is wrong by feeling the abdominal area. If it's hard and bloated, there may be an obstruction. My Bella had Gastro as well and that made her abdo feel hard as well.

She might be hiding her poo :rofl: . Can you take her out on the lead and watch what she does?

If you're worried about her being sick you should also restrict her movement. I had to keep bella in the laundry/crate for a week when she had gastro.

Good luck

BellasPerson

no runny poo's, just vomit... but she was pooing when she was vomiting, it only stopped after the injections and tablets :rofl:

i am praying for a poop, let me tell you!

Was the dog was vomitting and having runny poops or just vomitting?

If she was just vomitting and hasn't pooped then I would be concerned about a blockage.

I find that when I change food suddenly I just get runny poops but not vomitting...

Edited to add: If she seems happy in her self then I wouldn't stress too much at this point. If she was vomitting up her food then her stomach might just be empty - hopefully tomorrow will bring a nice big poop :rofl:

thanks bella, ill have a good feel of her tummy area tonight when i get home, thats a good idea actually to take her out on a lead... thanks for the suggestions, im just worried/ frustrated :rofl::rofl:

Doggywoof

You can get a fair idea if something is wrong by feeling the abdominal area. If it's hard and bloated, there may be an obstruction. My Bella had Gastro as well and that made her abdo feel hard as well.

She might be hiding her poo :rofl: . Can you take her out on the lead and watch what she does?

If you're worried about her being sick you should also restrict her movement. I had to keep bella in the laundry/crate for a week when she had gastro.

Good luck

BellasPerson

I know how you feel, Bella has had a cut eye, Kennel cough, gastro from an off bone and numerous injuries to her feet and they always appear in the middle of the night when you can't do anything about it. She's a very expensive dog :rofl:

I'm sure everything will be fine.

thanks cav, and thats the thing, she is happy and moving and jumping and doing her spinning arounds & zoomies when i get home (cos she misses me, how cute) so its hard to tell... except for the no poo thing.... bloody hell, why cant they just talk to us!

I didn't explain myself properly :rofl: . What I meant was when your dog is lying down resting does she stay in the one spot or does she keep moving to another spot or moving around as though she can't get comfortable. That was the clue that alerted me that my girl had a problem. She was not bloated at all and didn't even feel hard in the abdomen.

thanks bella, ill try to keep you posted if im on tomorrow...

and cav, thats OK, maybe i didnt explain myself properly either :rofl: i think i got carried away writing about her zoomies, she is fine in one spot, she is either on the tiles or the lounge, now that you mention it though, since she has been sick (as in the vomiting) she has been more inclined to be on the lounge where as she usually likes the cool tiles... i know its different for every dog though....

Excellent news :rofl::rofl:

No wonder most of our friends think I'm rather eccentric. I was consumed with anxiety about my dog after she had the surgery and all I thought about was dog poop.

I have two large and two small breeds and I was outside 'reading' dog poop to figure out which small dog did what. The worst part of it is that I admit I can tell which one did what :rofl:

You'll be able to sleep peacefully tonight knowing all is well doggywoof.