Rope Burn

mojo74

I sympathise with you over your Dobe having nasty rope burns. However if I have any type of worker come to my property, I don't expect them to look after my animals. It is my responsibility to look after my animals and make sure they are safe. We have kennels, so my dogs are locked in their runs when we are not home! I probably would have looked for an alternative to asking the tradies to lock your dogs away. Perhaps locking your dog in the laundry or sending him to a friend for the day! Anyway I am not meaning to judge you by any means, things happen and it is ashame we can't trust everyone to do what we would like them to.

My husband is a tradie and I think it is unreasonable when people leave their dogs out when he comes to do work. He doesn't necessarily know the dog is people friendly, and we are in a rural area and a lot of farm dogs are very protective of their property. It doesn't take much for someone to either lock their dog in a safe place for the day. If my husband is going to a property it isn't his responsibility to lock someone elses dog away, before he can begin the work!!

I sympathise with you over your Dobe having nasty rope burns. However if I have any type of worker come to my property, I don't expect them to look after my animals. It is my responsibility to look after my animals and make sure they are safe. We have kennels, so my dogs are locked in their runs when we are not home! I probably would have looked for an alternative to asking the tradies to lock your dogs away. Perhaps locking your dog in the laundry or sending him to a friend for the day! Anyway I am not meaning to judge you by any means, things happen and it is ashame we can't trust everyone to do what we would like them to.

My husband is a tradie and I think it is unreasonable when people leave their dogs out when he comes to do work. He doesn't necessarily know the dog is people friendly, and we are in a rural area and a lot of farm dogs are very protective of their property. It doesn't take much for someone to either lock their dog in a safe place for the day. If my husband is going to a property it isn't his responsibility to lock someone elses dog away, before he can begin the work!!

I agree!!

my partner is a tradie and he wont enter a property if the dogs arent put away - someone elses dogs are not his responsibility - Im sorry that dobe got rope burn but if you expected the tradies to look after YOUR dog for the day and carry out the the work they were contracted for then you should have negotiated a dog sitting fee (which I'm sure they wouldnt have agreed to as dog sitting isnt their field of expertise!) or made arrangements yourself - after all they are your dogs! tradies are tradies not vet nurses or doggie day care providers.