Puppy Keeps Biting...

jillybean

So sorry about my previous messages that I accidently put through, I have just joined and am not too sure how to reply, but I think I have worked it out. :thumbsup:

I just wanted to comment that my 13 week old (female fawn pug, Cookie) is also biting, I know that she is still a pup and is teething, but I have notice that she is biting my feet while she follows me around as well as biting me when I give her a pat.

I have given her rawhides, bones and toys for her to chew, I have also said no :rolleyes: and have given her light smack, but that doesn't seem to help. :rolleyes:

Can anyone please advise me in what else I should do?

Many thanks :D

Ames

Congrats on your baby pug Ames are they just the best and you must come and say hi in the breed sub forum http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=106751

Just another idea for you....when my puppy licked me I would say "gentle" to the point where, if he was mouthing, I could ask him to be "gentle" and he would switch to licking my hand instead. This was very handy when he met young children as a bouncy puppy too :thumbsup:

yes I do this too when he bites on me I tell him gentle and he starts to lick me now as well so I am going to keep this up with him as it seems to be working... just wish he would stop licking my legs feels so yuk :thumbsup:

but honestly i dont think they grow out of the foot thingy coz every now and then my 2 year old pug grabs onto the bottom of my pants and wants to play but at least she isnt biting my toes hahahaha