Aggresive Puppy! Help

ash&elar

Loz, You need some help by a professional or at least someone in the breed. If this behavior continues it WILL escalate, are you planning to desex him?? Having such a powerful breed it is your responsibility to do everything in your means to get this dog in control. It may not be an easy fix and I bet there are other behavior issues as well although you may not see them yourself.

I myself are going through changes with my Stafford. He is reaching sexual maturity now and he too is showing a few dominant behaviors, a far cry from what you are going through but still things I wont allow, with quick intervention and trying to avoid situations that have caused trouble in the past. Have almost cut out any undersirable behavior.

A professional will come in and help you to forsee potential problems that at this stage maybe you cant? And show you a safer way of going about everyday things that shouldnt be causing grief.

Good Luck!!

My advice is that what you have described dosnt sound good. I would train him as much as possible until his 6 months old ... MAX. If the training hasnt focused him and gotten him under control by that stage, he is becoming to dangerous not only because of his size, but by then thier prey instinct really start to heat up at that age in an aggressive dog. Believe me an inherently aggressive dog can really take you by surprise because of the changes they go through during adoloscense. Mate to be honest, i'd really give careful thought to what this dogs future is because you have small kids, if it wasnt for that it wouldnt be such a big deal.

You've got a baby and toddler and what sounds like an aggressive dog?? (Don't know of course, but sounds that way??)

Snapping, growling at both you and other dogs at only 10 weeks old.

You've already spent the money to buy him.

I'd spend the money to get a professional trainer out to help you, otherwise you might have wasted your money buying a dog that's not safe around kids :D .

Temperament is both nature and nurture and it's possible that you've got a dog born with problems.

When you go to the vet, keep some notes.

I'd have issues with the breeder if they've sold you a pup with early behaviour problems.

Breeders shouldn't sell dominant pups (if that's all it is) as family dogs with young kids in the house, either.

Edited by Poodle wrangler