How To Prepare Chicken

boofer

I have just been given 9 whole chickens for boof They are used by tomorrow and have not been frozen i was cutting them up to freeze but not sure what is safe for him to eat raw and what i need to cook. I know not to cook the bones but how much meat should i strip off and does anyone an eaisy way to do it

I would just cut them into manageable pieces and freeze them in meal sized portions. Defrost them as you need them. I feed my dog all kinds of raw chicken pieces, bought from various delis, supermarkets and butchers...often marked down because they are near their use by date and I just freeze them when I get home.

You shouldnt need to cook any of it.

How big is the dog you're feeding? If it's a decent size, I'd probably just cut the whole chicken into 6-8 pieces. If it's a little dog, I'd probably strip off the meat and cut into bite sized pieces and seperate the bones.

Having pieces to chew is better for their oral health and having raw food is better for their overall well-being.

He weighs 22kg but is only 4 months old so still has his puppy teeth thats why i wasnt sure what he could manage Hes fine with all his other bones (lamb, beef) but have only even got him chicken wings necks or carcuses so wasnt sure how to prepare a whole chook

Edited by boofer