Allergic To Chicken

GD a reaction to a food is known as an intolerance, not an allergy.

Lots of dogs have intolerances to different types of foods - meat proteins, grains and certain types of fruits and vegetables. If you think your dog is intolerant to chicken you will need to avoid all fresh meat, kibbles, treats, gravies - basically anything at all that contains chicken or chicken by-products.

Dogs can actually develop allergies to food, as well as intolerances. Intolerances can often show up as gastrointestinal symptoms, where as allergies can show up as itching. It can be hard to distinguish the difference, but there are two different things.

For example, some people can be lactose intolerant, but it isnt an allergy and generally isn't dangerous, whereas others can be allergic to milk and the face swells up etc and can cause death..

What form are you feeding the chicken in, greatdanes? Carcasses? Or is it anything with chicken in it?

Edited by stormie

Dogs can actually develop allergies to food, as well as intolerances. Intolerances can often show up as gastrointestinal symptoms, where as allergies can show up as itching. It can be hard to distinguish the difference, but there are two different things.

For example, some people can be lactose intolerant, but it isnt an allergy and generally isn't dangerous, whereas others can be allergic to milk and the face swells up etc and can cause death..

What form are you feeding the chicken in, greatdanes? Carcasses? Or is it anything with chicken in it?

anything thats real chicken like carcasses, breast,necks

what about if you feed a kibble thats made from chicken?

its not uncommon for dogs to regurgitate foods with bones, particularly chicken carcasses, necks, wings etc.

i was feeding pro plan for sensetive stomachs and hes fine with that but its to exspensive its over $100 a bag,i feed super coat and puppy mince with some vegi oil and hes fine on that.

probiotics can be good for sensitive stomachs. I use the Inner Health Plus ones from the health food shop for my dane puppy.

Eagle Pack make some great Holistic foods that don't have chicken in them. They also have a Giant Breed Adult formula. There are lots of other super premiums around that don't have chicken, and while they're more expensive, they have more usable ingredients in them so you don't have to feed as much per meal.