Staffy Training ( Not Obedience )

well Hi

I am 13 and own a 10 year old staffy. We have been doing jumping since Feb last year. Not agility because our garden isnt big enough just around 5 jumps in a row or around the garden keeps her occupied. a few months ago my mum couldnt afford to get her nails clipped because she had broken her ankle and because of this i need to stay and look after her. To exercise Perdy we did jumpin but then her nails grew too long. My mum suggested doing some jumpin on the path i didnt want to but one day when i was with my horse i came home to find my dad dpin jumps on the pathway and it was working so now whenever her nails need clipping we just do some jumps on the path. It also keeps me fit.

:)

x

What, why doesn't obedience count? :thumbsup:

I have an 8-9ish year old staffy boy with arthritis in his front paws - since he can't jump, he can't do anything competitive except obedience.

So we do obedience! We're still only competing in the lowest levels, but he won two competitions last year (and was I a proud mum or what! I think everyone I know got to see our two little shiny red ribbons). :thumbsup:

I've also done a bit of tracking with him - not for competition since in NZ competitive tracking includes jumps. He loved it, though he wasn't particularly talented. I still go out and run tracks with him sometimes, just for fun.

• 4 weeks later...