Introducing New Pet To Dog

Kazz

My parents finally worked up the courage to tell me my old cat had disappeared from their farm about a month ago and hasn't bothered turning up again. :)

They also decided to get a new kitten and according to my mum, she gets along with Mac ok but not great. Mac is a collie (full name Macauley - oh my dad is so funny). My cat, Karamel, was quick to establish his dominance over all others on the farm so Mac never messed with him much. The other cat runs when he chases her so he chases her often. He's never attacked or anything and thinks it's a game, I guess. Anyway, the point is he's had two very different relationships with two different cats. But we already had both of them when we got Mac.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get the dog to accept the new kitten before he either frightens her and she runs off or decides she doesn't belong there and attacks her.

(I apologise if this topic has been addressed, but I did several different searches and found nothing.)