Vivace Premium Dog Food?

Monika

I am currently analyzing dry dog foods, to see which brand would be best for my 5yo Lab. Has anyone ever heard of/used Vivace Premium dog food. vivace dog food (under products, dry dog food,vivace)

The ingredients are:

mixed meats including lamb and kangaroo, whole grain rice, vegetables, natural fats and oils, yeast, garlic, kelp, vitamins A, D3, E, K, B1, B2, B6, B12, niacin, pantothermic acid, folacin, biotin and natural organic acids, plus minerals calcium, phosphorus, sodium, copper, zinc, iron, manganese and iodine. Also contains Yuccs shidigera extract.

The typical analysis is on the website.

What do you think of this food in regards to the ingredients/analysis? What other commercial dry foods would it compare with?

Edited by Monika

I am currently analyzing dry dog foods, to see which brand would be best for my 5yo Lab. Has anyone ever heard of/used Vivace Premium dog food. vivace dog food (under products, dry dog food,vivace)

The ingredients are:

mixed meats including lamb and kangaroo, whole grain rice, vegetables, natural fats and oils, yeast, garlic, kelp, vitamins A, D3, E, K, B1, B2, B6, B12, niacin, pantothermic acid, folacin, biotin and natural organic acids, plus minerals calcium, phosphorus, sodium, copper, zinc, iron, manganese and iodine. Also contains Yuccs shidigera extract.

What do you think of this food in regards to the ingredients/analysis? What other commercial dry foods would it compare with?

I would be a little concerned about what the "mixed meats" are... rats? possums?

The ingredients are:

I'd stay away from dry food full stop if I were you. It's like junk food for dogs. Also, they don't need rice or vegetables because they're carnivores. Have you considered researching feeding a raw diet?

EFS

Edited by Joypod

Joypod, there is nothing wrong with dry dog food if you pick the correct one, a super premium with all the right ingredients can be better than a poorly executed fresh food diet or table scraps.

The super premiums are Eagle Pack Holistic, Nutro, Innova, Natural Balance

Monika, read all the labels and look into exactly wat the ingredients are, here is a good website with lots of info: http://www.dogfoodproject.com/

If you still can't figureout te labels, call the manufacturers and ask for specific explanations.

Something else to look for is were the ingredients come from, i.e. a privately owned manufacturing plant, or the side of the road...

Joypod, there is nothing wrong with dry dog food if you pick the correct one, a super premium with all the right ingredients can be better than a poorly executed fresh food diet or table scraps.

Nicely said :bottom:

The super premiums are Eagle Pack Holistic, Nutro, Innova, Natural Balance

Monika, read all the labels and look into exactly wat the ingredients are, here is a good website with lots of info: http://www.dogfoodproject.com/

If you still can't figureout te labels, call the manufacturers and ask for specific explanations.

Something else to look for is were the ingredients come from, i.e. a privately owned manufacturing plant, or the side of the road...

It'd have to be pretty poorly executed for me to choose dry over raw. It's pretty hard to stuff up a raw diet IMO. Whereas even the 'super premium' dry foods are heated, processed and contain things like grains that dogs simply don't need. Again, just my opinion.