Digital Slr Question

Jibba

Hi later in the year i am goin gto lash out and buy myself a flash camera, probably a canon something, but i was wondering with a digital slr camera do you have to manually focus them, as i wearglasses and wouldnt be able to get a clear focus.

No, they have autofocus too :love: You can also set the view finder to your own eyesight anyway, so you can see clear. I was wondering for a while why I was seeing things blury through the camera but the photos were good! I had inadvertantly changed the focus on the view finder.

Edited by FHRP

What are the choices? The 'kit' lens that come with the camera kits are usually not the best you can get but provide a 'starter' kit for someone who wants to use the camera instead of having to them go out and spend up big on really nice lens.

Took the 100-400 IS canon lens out today - wow photos are fantastic (as theyd want to be for that price) BUT I can't use the thing without a monopod and its too big for the racecourse I was at for every week. Maybe the other course would be OK but will have to serious grow arm muscles before the Royal gets here (which is one of the events it was actually bought for).

I'd always go the 100-300mm from that choice as the other is too close for anything I do (you get 'big head' syndrome in horses for anything under 50mm - not sure how dogs etc go ) but then I guess for landscapes etc the smaller lens is better?

Yes if I try to have the 10D and battery grip my hands just automatically head downwards late in the day and so hav not used it for years now with th e 40d have the new lens and gonna have to build up the arm muscles before taking it each day to big events like the ROyal and Horse trials. Photos were fantastic from yesterday but too heavey adn too much trouble with the monopod for every week use (maybe big days but then I'd hve to build up the shoulders they were so sore yesterday!)

Yes - I've got the 400D - so far have only used autofocus settings with the twin lens kit and I am very happy with the photos. When I have a bit more time on my hands, I would like to do a course on photography , how to use manual settings etc. and buy some new lenses but for now am just happy using what I've got.