Dog Training In Canberra?

Okay, just over a month ago, I put up a post asking about Body Corporate Laws in the ACT. My Mum & Dad bought a townhouse and found out from one of the tenants that dogs weren't allowed. They spoke to their neighbour who then said that as long as the dog was quiet, it wouldn't be an issue.

Since then (well only a few days later) my Dad passed away. So it is now more important than ever that Mum gets to keep her dog obviously.

She moved in on Monday, and had her dog at the kennel for a few nights while she settled in. She got him back last night. Apparently he barked a few times at people walking past in the street during the night, she shut all the doors, and windows, and he was okayish after that, but understandably, she doesn't want him to continue barking.

I think its just that he is not used to the noise, they used to live in a quiet street, and that he picked up on her anxiousness and so was probably being a bit overprotective. But still, it's not okay for him to bark at all.

So, can anyone recommend a good trainer in Canberra to help her? She can lock him in the laundry at night, but would prefer not to. He doesn't bark when people come to the door, it's only when people make noise at night, which is not acceptable really! But obviously since Dad has gone, she really will rely on her dog for company, so it's really important that she can train him out of it..

Cheers for any advice you can give us..

I am in Canberra have had Sean Ehlers from Dogtech over a few times to help us with our dog and he has been really great. I would specifically ask for Sean though as i am not sure what the other dogtech trainers are like. I have had a few people say that Sean would be the only dog trainer in Canberra that they would use. PM me if you would like the phone number.

To me it's fairly normal for a dog who has moved to bark at the new noises in the neighbourhood, mine take about a week or 2 to get used to the noises. I'll usually take them out to see what the noise is about.

I ignore small barks, they seem to be the barks of a dog not very confident who looks to you to see what your reaction to the noise is.