Roundworm Eggs

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to kill roundworm eggs in the environment like concrete areas ect? From what i have read they can be quite hardy. I have children and 8 very wormy puppies so i want to know the best way to get rid of them on the ground. I have read some horrible things about roundworms and children so i am naturally more than a little freaked out :laugh:

Edited by openarms

Have you wormed the puppies? IM no expert but I'd suggest keep all the droppings picked up would be a start. Make sure your kids wash their hands often would be another suggestion just incase they do come into contact. Sorry that dosent help you on how to get rid of them on the ground though.

They are extremely hardy, and can live in small cracks in concrete etc for years.

As far as I know, there are only 2 certain ways to kill them. One is a disinfectant that is very corrosive that I can't remember the name of (probably not the preferred option for your situation anyway). The other is burning. You can get gas burners that are used in intensive farming for killing ascarids and coccidia oocyts on metal and concrete surfaces. For a DIY job on a small area maybe you could try an oxy-acetylene torch?? or one of those small gas cylinders with a torch attachment?? I vaguely remember that it's something to do with the flame heat x the exposure time on the surface, that you need to get right.

If no one has any better suggestions, and you're thinking about giving it a try, I could look up the info again.