Perth- Wa Sleddog Sports Association

Have been asked to post this by Kim... hopefully no one else has already.

Also anyone interested in Weight Pulling can register their interest with Kim as they are thinking about getting that running this year also. :)

To all the dog owners in Perth,

With the cooler weather the WA Sleddog Sports Association has started weekend events again, we had agreat turn out to our Display Day in South Perth onSunday and we thank all who came along, we handed out 80 odd info packs and look forward to having newpeople join us in the coming weeks.

Dog scootering / sleddog racing / mushing is in its6th year and the sport is growing in leaps and bounds.

If you are interested, now is the time to learn as our season is just underway, we are holding two beginner days where we invite everyone along to have ago with their dogs, we have all the equipment to loanyou and will show you the basics of running your dog/sin harness.

Many breeds of dog can be involved in this sport, we encourage any one with any dog - pure or cross bred- to come along and have some fun, the dogs love it andit is fun for the whole family - we even have classesfor kids! What better way to teach responsible dog ownership to kids than to have them involved in a fun dog sport!

Our Club web site is

wassa.com.au

and there is a yahoo group that anyone is welcome tojoin to learn more - there is also a list of some ofthe breeds of dogs that can be involved.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WAMUSHERS/

At our website we have info on our events and moredetails on our Club, our beginner Days are May 4th and10th, we are holding a training camp in Dwellingup(May 31st) and our Sleddog races are held on July12-13th at Chidlow and August 30-31st at Dwellingup -spectators most welcome to come and watch and stay forthe weekend too!

At our races we hold several classes; one fornovice's, veteran dogs, younger dogs, pee wees andjunior kids classes, 1 dog team, 2 dog team and 3 dogteams. We also have a class for large breed dogs so they dont have to compete with smaller faster dogs!!

Not everyone intends to race and we also have atouring class at our races for those who just want torun their dogs at the races but not compete.

The Club is holding a training day this Saturday, ifyou would like to come and watch (dogs welcome),please email me [email protected] and I will email you the details- if you would like to be added to my email list forupdates on events, also pop me an email.

The following two weekends will be Beginner Training sessions where you can have a go!

ThanksKim