Reaction To Revolution

We've been using Revolution flea/mite/heartworm treatment for our dogs for a couple of years with no problems except Stevie sees it coming and doesn't like it.

Last night we also put it on Tommy our foster dog and about half an hour later he seemed to be panting quite a bit and had his tongue in a funny position - not hanging out like after exercise or when hot, just poking out. He seemed a bit sleepy/dopey. He was sitting on my lap and it was getting close to bed time, he was probably going to be dopey anyway and the other dogs were curled up asleep. After I shook him a bit to see if he was ok, he got down off the lounge and walked away a little bit groggy, but when I got the good-night biscuits he jumped around the same as the other dogs and was happy to eat his biscuit and have a drink of water, then went to bed no problems - and he was perfectly normal this morning.

Tommy is about 28kg (should be a few kilos more), was desexed, vaccinated and wormed two weeks ago, and we don't know whether he might have had other flea treatment like Capstar, but it would have been two weeks ago too. He's officially a Lab X but we think there's a chance of Great Dane or maybe Greyhound in him.

So I might have been imagining things, but has anyone else seen a reaction like this after applying Revolution?