Mr Darcy

Bindo

Hi all, I found this site while tentatively looking at dog breeds and breeders following the devastating loss of our beautiful boy last month. He was only 8 1/2 and died following a sudden attack of cholangiohepatitis. We and the vets did everything within our power to save him but it was not to be. This was the first time he had been sick in his life so it was such a shock not to to be able to bring him home.

He was our first family dog and a true member of the family. The tears are running down my cheeks as I write this now. I know that we will all recover and move on to another bundle of joy, but we will never forget you Darcy.

Many thanks for a great site - I'm sure I will be visiting from now on and hopefully in happier cirumstances.

mypic1.JPG

Edited by Bindo

Guest LittlePixie

Oh I'm so sorry. :flame:

He looks like he was a character - most schnauzers are of course.

Good luck in your search for another furry friend.

Many thanks for all the posts of support - nice to know there are so many other 'dog tragics' out there. I have placed my name with a breeder and hopefully will have a new bundle of love by December. He/she will never replace Darcy, but we can't live without a dog - there's just such a huge gap in our family without them.

• 10 months later...

I can't beleive it - a year ago today since he left us, and the tears are still as fresh as ever when I think about it. Our new little girl has gone a long way to heal the pain, but I will never forget my darling boy and the joy he brought to so many people. Love you Mr Darcy - hope you have lots of great friends over the rainbow bridge.

On a positive note, his death introduced me to this site (through looking for a new puppy) and the information I've gained and empathy with other dog lovers has been great. Thanks to all. :rofl: