Our Labrador Puppy

labmummy

Oh well if you had come to us for a puppy my OH would have given you the best adivice :clap:

He amazed and horrified one lady that was adopting one of our babies when he looked at her very serioulsy and asked "do you have a coffee table?" when she replied in the affirmative he very poker faced said to her " oh well you'll have to get rid of it" :clap:

Took her a while to get a grip and then he explained that he was joking about the way the pups tail was wagging and how Labrador tails are the same height as a coffee table :clap:

Standard joke here.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well if you had come to us for a puppy my OH would have given you the best adivice :)

He amazed and horrified one lady that was adopting one of our babies when he looked at her very serioulsy and asked "do you have a coffee table?" when she replied in the affirmative he very poker faced said to her " oh well you'll have to get rid of it" :)

Took her a while to get a grip and then he explained that he was joking about the way the pups tail was wagging and how Labrador tails are the same height as a coffee table :rolleyes:

Standard joke here.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Labmummy,

Just thought I'd check in and see how you and your Lab puppy are going. DId you try the bell and did it work?

Of course photos are always nice.

Hi Mercedes, Only just gotten back online. Damn computer decided to die on me. :thumbsup:

Harry is doing so well. I finally managed to find a bell for our back door. It has only been up for a week so only early days yet but he seems to be getting the idea.

I will take some updated photos tomorrow and put up for you. He is getting so big! A real cuddly baby who just loves his tummy being rubbed.

Harry gets his 2nd needle on Friday as well as Advantage (I think that's what its called) to cover worming, heart worm and fleas etc. Is that what you use on your labs?

Oh well if you had come to us for a puppy my OH would have given you the best adivice :D

He amazed and horrified one lady that was adopting one of our babies when he looked at her very serioulsy and asked "do you have a coffee table?" when she replied in the affirmative he very poker faced said to her " oh well you'll have to get rid of it" :confused:

Took her a while to get a grip and then he explained that he was joking about the way the pups tail was wagging and how Labrador tails are the same height as a coffee table :thumbsup:

Standard joke here.

You don't have to get rid of the coffee table... just everything on it :thumbsup:

I had a beautiful red wine stain on my cream carpet where OH put his wine glass down just before I let Guido in for some inside time. :provoke: He had a big waggy ass (the labrador.. not the OH)

I just have tiles now and it's much easier. I wish I'd gotten black tiles though :D

Edited by blacklabrador

Oh well if you had come to us for a puppy my OH would have given you the best adivice :D

He amazed and horrified one lady that was adopting one of our babies when he looked at her very serioulsy and asked "do you have a coffee table?" when she replied in the affirmative he very poker faced said to her " oh well you'll have to get rid of it" :provoke:

Took her a while to get a grip and then he explained that he was joking about the way the pups tail was wagging and how Labrador tails are the same height as a coffee table :thumbsup:

Standard joke here.

You don't have to get rid of the coffee table... just everything on it :thumbsup:

I had a beautiful red wine stain on my cream carpet where OH put his wine glass down just before I let Guido in for some inside time. :D He had a big waggy ass (the labrador.. not the OH)

I just have tiles now and it's much easier. I wish I'd gotten black tiles though :mad

Black tiles!! Only work if you have Black Labrador! We would have to have grey tiles - you know Yellow and Black Labradors :confused:

Hi Labmummy,

Just thought I'd check in and see how you and your Lab puppy are going. DId you try the bell and did it work?

Of course photos are always nice.

Hi Mercedes, Only just gotten back online. Damn computer decided to die on me. :thumbsup:

Harry is doing so well. I finally managed to find a bell for our back door. It has only been up for a week so only early days yet but he seems to be getting the idea.

I will take some updated photos tomorrow and put up for you. He is getting so big! A real cuddly baby who just loves his tummy being rubbed.

Harry gets his 2nd needle on Friday as well as Advantage (I think that's what its called) to cover worming, heart worm and fleas etc. Is that what you use on your labs?

I use Advantage for control of fleas and tics etc, although we dont have either here if we go to shows etc and the dogs are exposed when we swim them etc.

We vary the worming tablets we use of onlyto try and avoid thier systems getting used to a certain brand - not sure that happens but its a school of thought so just run with it. But usually use Drontal All Wormer.

Hi there - my pup is called Harry also. He is a Cavalier King Charles and I had to laugh as I read your post from top to bottom. About midway I was thinking, shall I post a reply and tell her that all good things must come to an end? Then I read about the sock episode. Your story is just like mine. Perfect puppy for about 1 month - then whammo - my Harry, is now nicknamed "Dirty Harry". He is totally mental. We work from home so he is with us 24/7. We are an online publisher and have a shop so there are often new books and things within easy snatching reach. If its not chewing on the edge of a book rather quietly, he is sneaking into rooms and bringing out barbie dolls, dirty knickers, socks, and just about anything that he can fit into his mouth. He will only respond to my "Ah!" and glare, immediately dropping stolen item but if kids try it, he just goes yippee chase time! and tears around the house. I have just put up a post about him - and my current dilemna, which is taking him camping. All I wish for you is lots of luck with your Harry.

post-22563-1212675052_thumb.jpg

Edited by MotherKing

Hi there - my pup is called Harry also. He is a Cavalier King Charles and I had to laugh as I read your post from top to bottom. About midway I was thinking, shall I post a reply and tell her that all good things must come to an end? Then I read about the sock episode. Your story is just like mine. Perfect puppy for about 1 month - then whammo - my Harry, is now nicknamed "Dirty Harry". He is totally mental. We work from home so he is with us 24/7. We are an online publisher and have a shop so there are often new books and things within easy snatching reach. If its not chewing on the edge of a book rather quietly, he is sneaking into rooms and bringing out barbie dolls, dirty knickers, socks, and just about anything that he can fit into his mouth. He will only respond to my "Ah!" and glare, immediately dropping stolen item but if kids try it, he just goes yippee chase time! and tears around the house. I have just put up a post about him - and my current dilemna, which is taking him camping. All I wish for you is lots of luck with your Harry.

Hi Labmummy ,

How's Harry going? Sorry I haven't posted for a while but I seem to get less chance to log on these days with Cooby around :D and the times I've had it's usually because I've put him outside as he's been 'misbehaving' so not really in a good mood to talk ;)

Anyway, Cooby is coming along well and I say that now because we've had a good couple of days. Last weeks rain was horrid and he seemed to take 2 + steps backwards in his progress which was very frustrating so I can also relate to what MotherKing said.

Issues still dealing with are the biting, jumping, digging holes and taking my washing off the line. It is getting better though since we started puppy school which is giving me helpful hints such as the aaahhh aaaah!! when he bites or jumps and the 'keep off my grass' for the digging (i'm hanging my washing horizontally instead of vertically although I'm sure there is a better more pratical way of stopping him from getting it...just haven't come across the topic at puppy school yet :rofl: ).

All going good with toilet training, commands (sit, stay, come, drop) but he did go through a period of just looking at me defiantly on commands...I'm sure he picked it up from the kids but thankfully a bit of food reward seems to have cured that.....:)

It would be good to hear how Harry is going?