Groomers In Canberra?

Hi all!

I hope this question is in the right place.

Well, I am scottish but two years ago moved to Canberra, Australia where I worked as a veterinary nurse. About three months ago we moved to California where I have began a grooming career and LOVE it.

It looks as though we will be moving back to Canberra in around a year - year and a half and I want to keep grooming at a salon and further my career.

Are there any groomers here from Canberra? Can anyone give me advice on grooming in the area? I want to work in a salon as I am a very social person. Anyone here able to give me good tips or advice about places they have used for grooming and liked?

Thanks everyone!

Hi stonelizard :D There are loads of Canberrans on DOL. They're just working harder than me, so they haven't seen your post yet :)

There are quite a few grooming salons around, too. I have a dog that doesn't need professional grooming, so I don't know them all that well :laugh:

One DOL member, Vehs, works as a groomer at Dog World in Hume and will know of many other salons around town as well. She'll probably pop her head in here after work.

You might also be interested in contacting Capital Grooming to see what sort of skills they're after and whether they may be interested in hiring you.

Let us know if you come back to Canberra! We're a sociable mob :D

Noone at all here from Canberra? Bump!

Capital Grooming (in Chifley) are THE BEST!!!

I have been taking my dogs to them for about 12 years now.......

Caroline no longer owns the business - but the ladies that work there are wonderful...

They are not cheap for grooming - but the extra expense is MORE than worth it.....

The little coffee shop next door is also recommended!!!

:D :laugh: :D :)

Hi stonelizard :laugh: There are loads of Canberrans on DOL. They're just working harder than me, so they haven't seen your post yet :D

There are quite a few grooming salons around, too. I have a dog that doesn't need professional grooming, so I don't know them all that well :eek:

One DOL member, Vehs, works as a groomer at Dog World in Hume and will know of many other salons around town as well. She'll probably pop her head in here after work.

You might also be interested in contacting Capital Grooming to see what sort of skills they're after and whether they may be interested in hiring you.

Let us know if you come back to Canberra! We're a sociable mob :eek:

Thanks for that! Hopefully Vehs will see this too :D

I am really interested in both dogworld and in capital grooming! Dogworld got back to me just recently, but nothing from Capital grooming yet - too busy grooming, I guess! Love their website.

I really do hope that we come back to Canberra. Been away three months now and really, really miss it - saw that the million paws walk was recently and got homesick... and I only lived there a year! Everyone was so friendly. If I do return I will make sure to make a note on this board and try and make some new friends!