Trainer Recomendations Needed For Staffyx

Hi folks, just wanting any reccomendation for trainers iin the warrandyte area and surroounds for friends of my boyfriends family.

They purchsed a staffy x female about 7 months ago from the RSPCA and are having issues with it, the usual stuff, they got it for a friend for their older sons existing staffy x and it was fine at first, but the mum (who bought the dog) has no support from the rest of the family and the dog is getting more and more out of control.

she is badly behaved on walks, pulls, barks at and wants to chase cars, bikes joggers etc, is petrified of strangers entering the house and barks intimidatingly at them etc etc.

i have recommended they get the dog to obedience asap, but i think they need some one on one training as well.

They have done the wrong thing not socalising this dog properly as soon as they got it and they should never have got her if they werent prepared to make the commitment of training, but the mum desperatley wants to try and fix the problem, and is willing to get the help needed.

typical story, the sons dog is ok behaviour wise, and they have been lucky with him, they obviously thought the other one would be tthe same-- WRONG and now its all coming to a head.

i took her for a walk on saturday, and with a few corrections she was walking pretty well and leaving cars/distractions alone. she is very quick learner but she was very nervous of me and wouldnt let me pat her until the end of our walk when she realised i wasnt going to do anything scary to her.

ill be keeping a close eye on the situation, and making sure they do folloewthrough with some training, but the mum works on weekends, and the rest of the family wont take the dog to training PATHETIC I KNOW!!!

so im after obedience weeknights and some good behavouralists to get them started.

Sorry about essay

cheeers

Edited by radish

Not sure about dog obedience clubs in that area but we do service the area for one on one. Sounds like they need some intensve private assistance before they go to a a group situation. :)

i agree cosolmo, the situation could very easily get quite bad.

i will pass your details on to them. she is a very sweet dog, and is great with her family, but lacking in any social skills, such a shame, another perfectly good staffy that may be ruined by ignorant people.