Nose Pigmentation

My almost 4 month old amstaff girl still hasn't had all of the pigmentation on her nose fill in .

I was wondering what if anything can be done to help it along a bit? I am aware that it can take a while but thought that her nose would have been all black by now.

I'll add a pic so that you can see what I mean.

post-20048-1212537650_thumb.jpg

My almost 4 month old amstaff girl still hasn't had all of the pigmentation on her nose fill in .

I was wondering what if anything can be done to help it along a bit? I am aware that it can take a while but thought that her nose would have been all black by now.

I'll add a pic so that you can see what I mean.

post-20048-1212537650_thumb.jpg

The best thing to bring back the pigment loss ( also known as "winter nose" ) is kelp flakes or kelp granules, you just buy them from your local health food store and sprinkle them over their dinner.

Sorry should have added that she has been having kelp in her food once a day apart from that I don't know what else to try??

Its not faded it just hasn't all filled in yet , hoping it does soon though it is filling in slowly .

Just don't want her nose not to be totally black :p

Try a product called Colourmax. Most of the show suppliers carry it or can order it in for you.

I would not be messing around with kelp as it has been proven to have thyroid issues in some dogs if over dosed.

that is due to excessive iodine...which most dogs are lacking unless you feed a lot of fishes. Even so, many water dogs like newfoundland, PWD and poodles thrives on an iodine rich diet if you are into breed specific diet. If your dog is on normal diet, some seaweed is beneficial.

Nevertheless, if you are already feeding, then it could be just the genes or it takes longer to fully cover them.

Some dogs never have complete black pigment on their nose - it's not uncommon and the amount that she has that isn't covered shouldn't be of too much concern :p

Agree with Wylie on the Colourmax, however I wouldn't get my hopes up, some things are just meant to be...

Supplavet Colour-max

The pigment that gives colour to your animal eyes and coat are made from L-Cysteine Hydrochloride and L -Tyrosine then ingedients in Colour max

Ingresients L-Tyrosine, L Cysteine HCl and Maltodextrin, Natural Beef Flavour

www.supplavet.com.au

Taken directly from a bottle.