Puppy Chewing On Dog House

Cat

Hi. My pup has a cedar dog house which he has been chewing on during the day. Does anyone have any suggestions as to something I could put on it to repel him? I have tried bitter lime, but that didnt really seem to work. I think I read that some people use tabasco as a deterrant, but didnt know if that is safe. I think I would have to paint it on the house and dont really want something that will repel him from going in the house.

He has toys and kongs to keep him occupied, but it must not work for very long.

Suggestions would be appreciated :thumbsup:

oh oh oh!!! STOP HIM IMMEDIATELY!!!! LOL

I dont know how (Because my 4yr old Mini Dachshund does it) but i tell you what, he has ripped up about 6 hoses now all due to carelessness on our behalf, but it is frustrating and annoying and i am sure not good for his stomach! When we move house i am going to buy a wall one up high so he cant get it! He leaves chewed up peices all over the back yard and goes from one end and finishes it right up to the other end!!!!!! hahaha it's not cool!!! But try whetever you can early....so he doesn't become a regular hose chewer! (It doesnt help when your friends think its cute and funny and encourage him when you are away on holidays and they are looking after him lol)

Del

post-24293-1212585704_thumb.jpg

Our dog had a little chew on his new kennel when it first arrived and someone told me to use vicks vapour rub. I didnt need to use it but it would certainly stop me from chewing on something. Check with your vet to make sure it was safe first.