Do We Take The Puppy Camping?

MotherKing

Motherking, you can also buy a cheap, sturdy puppy pen from Bunnings - sold as a compost cage in the gardening area. Costs only $20. would be suitable for a cavy. I have two which I join together for a puppy pen when I have puppies outside. Have also used it inside when I went overnight with my chi pup. You could use that for toiletting and playing, and the crate you already have for sleeping.

Yes, I was going to suggest the same thing :D

I reckon camping with dogs sounds like lots of fun!! I would love to do it, but don't really have anyone to go with...friends either not into camping or married with kids etc! It's all very selfish of them really... :D

I can relate!! We are married with kids now but I remember when we were a couple and all our friends were running off doing stuff and we were never invited because we didn't have kids!! Now we rather go on our own or with people that don't have kids! Too many kids makes it difficult when they are still young ....littlies have sleep times and we are creeping around trying to to wake them up in the middle of the arvo!! :laugh: Ours always like having another grown up along ... our eldest (10 years old) sees it as another victim to thrash in Monolpoly, canasta or other card game :) Ours are old enough for bike riding with Noodle in tow in the K9!! See piccies ... great when she is still a pup and can't go the distance we travel.

Is there a thread on DOL where you can advertise for other campers perhaps?? :clap:

post-16051-1212826644_thumb.jpg

post-16051-1212826664_thumb.jpg

OMG Jules and Noodlenut, you guys are seriously decked out for camping adventures. Jules, your setup sounds like a mobile hotel!! Noodlenut, I bet Noodle loves that bike arrangement - where did you get it from?? I've though of getting similar for Bonnie...

I'm not sure if anyone has put up a link yet to these type soft crates (sorry if any one has), but we were considering these also at one stage (altho we intend for our two to sleep in the caravan with us, so there's probably no need for them)

http://www.forpamperedpets.co.uk/acatalog/...dog_crates.html

Hi JulesLovsCavs, this is the doggy tent that I've been refering to. As I've been recommed by many DOLites here recentlyt to get a crate, I've been wondering if there would be any advantage to the one I've already go so I have been experimenting for the last few days at home. Harry seems to like the doggy tent (soft crate if you like) however when the zip is up, he is not so keen, so its function as a "crate" doesn't really work as he would soon tear down the flymesh I fear. With a proper metal crate I can feel confident to walk away without him doing any damage to the crate, so I have just sent OH to Bunnings - had to twist his arm mind, the man loves any excuse to go there!!

I will also post up some photos later today that I took yesterday when we got out all our camping gear on the front lawn to check everything, make repairs etc. The kids and Harry had a ball and all the neighbours kids were busting to come and play "cubbies" too. We had 5 cubbies in all - 2 tents, toilet/shower tent, doggy tent, and gazebo. Looks rather bizarre on the suburban front lawn but it gave me more confidence that Harry will enjoy himself. I have never seen him have such fun without out the front. It's always such a drama with him dashing off. Using the new tie-out of 5m and peg to ground he had a ball.

Have just come back from morning walk on retracta lead too - didn't know the GSD obedience class used the same park (about 50 beautiful classy looking dogs!) but all went very well surprisingly.

quote]

I will also post up some photos later today that I took yesterday when we got out all our camping gear on the front lawn to check everything, make repairs etc. The kids and Harry had a ball and all the neighbours kids were busting to come and play "cubbies" too. We had 5 cubbies in all - 2 tents, toilet/shower tent, doggy tent, and gazebo. Looks rather bizarre on the suburban front lawn but it gave me more confidence that Harry will enjoy himself. I have never seen him have such fun without out the front. It's always such a drama with him dashing off. Using the new tie-out of 5m and peg to ground he had a ball.

Bring onthe photos!! Can't wait to see them ...waht a hoot!! :laugh:

Huh - Harry just ate the zip off the front door panel (fly mesh) of his soft crate. Decision is made, must get a metal crate. Went to Bunnings yesterday to the gardening section as recommended - nothing there to that description unfortunately either. Will keep looking.