Meds For Hip Dysplasia

Hi there,

Just wondering if someone could offer advise.My girl ( GSD) has not long being diagnosed with h/d.She has been on joint guard but when i went to get more the store was out of stock so i got a product called pernaease powder,which the girl said was the same stuff.Does anyone know if it is the same or will have the same effect as i dont want my girl to be missing out on what she need to keep pain free :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Edited by catjar

They're not the same - they do contain different ingredients.

Pernaease Poder:

Natural marine sourced supplement.

Freeze dried extracts of green-lipped mussel, abalone and shark cartilage.

Highly palatable powder

No artificial flavourings, preservatives or bulking agents.

Contains naturally occurring chondroitin, glucosamine, manganese and omega – 3 essential fatty acids.

Approved by the APVMA (No. 59494).

May assist in the relief of arthritic symptoms in dogs of all ages.

Easy to add to dog’s food or drink. Well accepted by dogs.

Once daily administration.

Can be given long term without the type of side effects associated with some NSAIDs.

Joint Guard:

Arthritis is common in dogs, particularly those that are aging, have experienced an injury or who are generally over-active.

Joint Guard is a new product which helps maintain healthy joints in dogs. It contains purified glucosamine hydrochloride which is the raw material for new cartilage growth, as well as an easy-to-absorb form of chondroitin sulfate which helps reduce ongoing cartilage damage. Joint Guard is also the only product for dogs that contains MSM. It is the ideal option for all joint problems including prevention in younger dogs.

A 400g tub of Joint Guard will last the average-sized dog around 6 months once on the maintenance dose, and because it comes in a great no smell, no taste powder your dog is guaranteed to love it!

I personally use Pernaese Powder for Hera and love it. You see improvements very quickly! Are you planning to get your girl operated?