Toilet Trouble

Highlandfling

Hi this is actually my first post, although I have been loitering for some time now, well everyday actually.

Anyway we have a 10 month old Dobermann girl who has been totally housetrained since 6 months however she has started pooing in the house during the night and I can't see a reason for it.

She sleeps in a crate although the door is open but has been for about 6 weeks with no issue, she would come and ask to get out around 5.00, she gets plenty of exercise, at least an hour in the doggy park in the morning and another hours walk in the afternoon and inbetween she is free to romp around our acre garden.

She has her dinner between 5.30 and 6.00 and then has a play with the kids, she doesn't normally go out again untill about 7.30ish when she stays out untill I go to bed normally, around 10.00.

So I see no reason for this toilet trouble, it's really driving me mad, I don't know what to do about it.

Any advice or ideas would be great.

Many Thanks

I would consider shutting the door again, have you changed her food at all? Does she wear a coat? she maybe cold and not wanting to venture out into the garden. Oh and read up on Bloat/gastric dilatation-tortion. A Dobe should be crated for at least an hour after feeding to help to try an avoid it. Good Luck