Bad Rash :(

he'smyhero

Both the pups have rashes on their tummies from some (what we think may be) wandering dew. We have washed them in stop itch and put some dialuted iodine on the scabby spots and have been slathering them in aloe vera. We have some antiseptic cream from the vets but I'm not sure about using it because they are licking it?

Is there anything else we can put on them to reduce the itch?? Poor Lola's is really bad :(

Sorry to hear you have the itchies at your place too :( I am going to trial the Telfast Antihistamine in the green packet - that is specifically design for skin allergies as of today with my boy so I can let you know how we go. Look in the antihistamine thread that I have just started today as there is a website there that shows all the acceptable antihistamines to use for dogs. See I think you have to do it from inside and out to help effectively.

I would give them an antihistamine.

Topically do they have cold mats? if so, wet the mats and put them down for the dogs.

I also use malaseb shampoo diluted 1:30 ml (although now I believe it only needs to be 1:50 ml) and leave it on the area that is red and itchy.