B&b Left Out Rat Bait

mirajam

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Both dogs' clotting times were tested last night and they are within normal limits - they don't need any more Vit K.

Phew. It's been a stressful month, after what was going to be a nice weekend away with the dogs...

Now I will collect / send the bills to the B&B owners and ask them to pay up!

That is wonderful news that your dogs are going to be OK

I see that the details of the B & B have been removed from your post, but can you please PM me their details so I can make sure that we never stay at this place.

I have just caught up with this thread - how horrible. I can't believe they claim to be pet friendly but leave rat bait under the bed. But as others have pointed out, a young child could also have got at it. I would be screaming DUTY OF CARE too.

I am so glad that your dogs are now okay. What a worrying time though.

Good luck with the solicitor and getting them to cough up for the vet bills. I would also be asking for a refund of your accommodation too (as it sounds like you had to cut your holiday short because of their negligence).

Please let us know the outcome.

So glad to read that your dogs clotting times are back to normal :thumbsup:

My young Collie brought in a dead mouse back in April and I rang one Vet who said" don't worry she will be fine!". Not happy with that I rang another Vet who asked me to bring in both dogs asap for the activated clotting test. The dog in my avatar was normal but the young one was twice the normal limit so onto Vitamin K for nearly 4 weeks.

I knew where the baited mouse had come from ( ministry of housing place behind us) and I rang them and told them what had happened and was told " well your dogs should not have picked up the dead nouse :cheer: ". i told them in no uncertain terms that if they ever used bait again they had better notify all the residents as all the people in our Court had dogs and most had kids.

Good luck with trying to recoup the costs and yes please PM me the details of this palce so I NEVER go there either