Is It A Muscle Thing? Toe?

katetk

Hello

Has been a while since i have been on DOL, but i have a question. I have an almost 10 month old cairn terrier - who is a nightmade, well more just a busy lil thing.

Thursday night i noticed she was licking her front paw, friday morning I went to work she was fine when i left Husband called to say she was limping i came home that arvo she was ok, slight limp. Saturday morning, i let her out of her crate and she has a definate limp but gets better as the day goes on, yet she will still have a lick at it i have checked her paw out that many times and nothing, no cut, crack in the paw pad, prickle blood or anything?? Am thinking it could be her toe too??

Whatever she has done is not slowing her down much as the day goes on (she is not a morning type girl normally), apart from the limp she is eating and playing with the westie as normal.

Am thinking it is muscle as it gets beter as the day goes on, and is worse in the morning. But she is a little touchy around the toe??

Could she have sprained something? Can dogs sprain toes?

Dogs can sprain toes. But you would expect that it would steadily improve over time, and perhaps deteriorate during the day if overused. You would not expect a sprain to improve during the day and be worse in the morning as is happenning with your dog.

I would be a bit concerned in case it is a joint problem.

If it was my dog I would give it a couple of days, and if the toe starts to swell up or go red or doesn't improve by then I would take it to the vet.

I wouldn't see the normal vet I use, I would see canine vet Dr John Murray in Capalaba, because he is the expert at that sort of thing.