Advantix For Cats

I have had a box of advantix for cats sitting in my draw at home for over a month now, and I don't have a cat.

I was just wondering if it's the same stuff they use for advantix for dogs?

And if I could actually use it on my dog if I adjusted the dose obviously to suit his weight/size?

Probably a stupid question, but you never know if you don't ask!

Edited by disorder

I have had a box of advantix for cats sitting in my draw at home for over a month now, and I don't have a cat.

I was just wondering if it's the same stuff they use for advantix for dogs?

And if I could actually use it on my dog if I adjusted the dose obviously to suit his weight/size?

Probably a stupid question, but you never know if you don't ask!

One drop of Advantix will kill a cat, so you more than likely have Advocate or Advantage. Not sure if they are suitable to use on a dog - perhaps find a shleter that you can give them to or sell them to a friend?!?!

You should make sure your dog is dry to touch after applying Advantix before allowing a cat and dog in the same room/area, because all it takes is for the dog to shake and a drop lands on your cat, which can be fatal for your cat.

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

I am fairly sure if its Advantage you can use it on your dog. I know you can use dog advantage on cats so surely it would work in reverse! I believe the only differences are the dosage so you might want to look into that. :kissbetter:

Hello,

I am a Vet Nurse and Ive just come across your question.

Im pretty sure what you have is Advantage if it is in a purple box. I would, if I was you, only use it on a Cat. If it is Advantage then this is purely for Fleas and nothing else where as Advocate covers for much more. If I were you I would purchase one specificly designed for Dogs. Talk to your closest Vet for further confirmation but Im pretty sure in what Im saying. For Cats the dosage would be very different than for dogs and most likely it wouldnt do its proper job.

Good luck and I hope ive been of some help to you!!

Mas :thumbsup: