Sam Has Diarrohea (or Loose Bowel Movement)

Early this morning Sam started grizzling etc. I thought he may have wanted to go to the toilet seeing it was earlier than normal. When I went out to him he had done a monstrous poo but reasonably firm for me to clean up. I took him outside for a short walk and did a bit more on the loose side. Later when I took him for his big walk he did a bit more still on the loose side. This evening when I cleaned up his pen I found one of his poos was a bit on the loose side still. I did give him some mashed pumpkin (with Jalna fat free yoghurt) with his breakfast. Now tonight he usually has chicken necks. Should I cut back the quantity (usually has 2 or 3 depending on the size) and give him some more mashed pumpkin.

Thanks Glenda

Generally when dogs have an upset tummy it's best to with hold food from them for 24 hours, to give their gut a time to recover, and then feed the first meal something bland like boiled chicken. If the problem continues, then a visit to the vet is in order.

Sounds like Sam also has some discomfort if he is grizzling. I personally wouldn't feed dinner tonight, and see how he is in the morning, and probably book in an appointment with the vet.

Hope he feels better soon!

Sam had blood with his poo this morning so took him to the vet. Said was gastro-enteritis and had a couple injections and given tablets etc. to take. He is still bright and chirpy. He was very excited about going for a car ride (little realizing that he was going to the vet!!!)