Allergy Dogs - Atopica Tablets

Hi Everyone.

Having being a long time lurker I have finally decided to post.

I have noticed that there are alot of dogs with allergies (mine included) was wondering if any one is using Atopica tablets to control their dogs symptoms? Would love to hear anyone else whose dogs are on these tablets.

I would not give this medication unless it was prescribed by a qualified Vet dermatologist after intra-dermal skin testing has been done as some breeds are actually allergic to the drug itself.

Agree 100%. The drug is an immune suppressant and not something I would use unless as a last resort.

I would not give this medication unless it was prescribed by a qualified Vet dermatologist after intra-dermal skin testing has been done as some breeds are actually allergic to the drug itself.

Agree 100%. The drug is an immune suppressant and not something I would use unless as a last resort.

Likewise.

EM2 what allergies does Zoe have and how did they/do they manifest? What other treatment forms have you tried? Does she have any side effects from it? I'm quite curious as I know lots of people with allergy dogs but no one who actually uses atopica.

My dog has had severe allergies for many years . I tried the atopice tablets as a last resort as I have tried to avoid any drugs that suppress her immune system . Long story short , the atopica did not really help her , there was maybe a 10% improvement but found that once the 30 day trial period was done I couldnt control her itch giving it to her every 2 or three days so I stopped . Also made her sick a little but generally was ok with the dosage .

Hope this helps .