Tamron Len's

Sezy

Hi All,

I went in to buy a sigma 17-70mm lens today and was told that the Tamron 17-50mm is a better lens.

Has anyone used it? And do you find it to be a good lens?

Thanks

I'd previously never been a big fan of Tamron stuff - I owned an old 80-200 & also a 200-400, back in the film days. Neither of those were great performers.

Recently, I bought a Fuji S5Pro and there was a "kit" option to get it along with the Tamron 17-50/2.8 - it added about $300 to the body only price.

I believe the retail price for this lens is around $600 (+/- $100 depending on where you shop)

I'm really (*really*) happy I took up the option with this lens - obviously, a part of my happiness is due to the fact it came at a great price with the body! - but it is a great lens, nice and sharp across it's range and a great option if you're looking for a short zoom. (it's a constant 2.8 btw)

I have a Flickr set of shots taken with this lens here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelbuddle...57607852787867/

All of those shots should be viewable to you at full res (4256 x 2848) and exif is intact for zoom/aperture info.

I would definitely buy this lens again, it's on my camera the majority of the time these days.

Perhaps my only gripe is that it's occasionally too short - but there will never be one lens that fits all situations.

Michael.

Edited by BlenheimBoy