Kibble And Mince

imbaopal

I don't agree with that theory. Food will take the same time to digest, no matter what it is fed with. Food starts breaking down as soon as enters the stomach and then continues as it passes through the intestines. Bits of meat will simply be digested earlier on in the intestines and the kibble will continue to pass through until it has been digested. Digestion happens slowly along a path, it doesn't all get digested through at exactly the same time. Some veges don't get digested at all and will continue all the way through till the end, where as the meat will be digested much quicker.

i was wanting to know if anybody feeds kibble in the morning and meat and veges at night.I was told because of the time it takes to digest kibble it is best fed at different times to meat/ veges in the evening.Thanking you.

I mix up 1/2 a cup of beef mince and about 2 tablespoons of minced veg with 1 1/2 cups dry and a bit of plain yogurt most nights for Kei's dinner, some nights I add a bit of offal or chicken mince aswell. This is the only kibble meal I give him besides what's in his Kongs and I've not had any problems.

I have heard that the dry and fresh digest at different rates too which is probably true, but I'm not sure that different digestion rates would cause an upset tummy or anything else :thumbsup: - I think that the body just regulates itself.

My breeder and some others that I have spoken to re diet have all had no problems with mixing the dry and fresh together or alternatively alternating the two. Why dont you try both and see which one suits your dog best :rofl:

i was wanting to know if anybody feeds kibble in the morning and meat and veges at night.I was told because of the time it takes to digest kibble it is best fed at different times to meat/ veges in the evening.Thanking you.

I mix up 1/2 a cup of beef mince and about 2 tablespoons of minced veg with 1 1/2 cups dry and a bit of plain yogurt most nights for Keri's dinner, some nights I add a bit of offal or chicken mince as well. This is the only kibble meal I give him besides what's in his Kong's and I've not had any problems.

I have heard that the dry and fresh digest at different rates too which is probably true, but I'm not sure that different digestion rates would cause an upset tummy or anything else :thumbsup: - I think that the body just regulates itself.

My breeder and some others that I have spoken to re diet have all had no problems with mixing the dry and fresh together or alternatively alternating the two. Why don't you try both and see which one suits your dog best :)I have been feeding kibble and meat at night only the vet is the one who said to separate.they are like doctors i suppose everyone has a different opinion.I will continue until i find enough evidence i guess.Thanks again