Itchy Staff - From Dying Lawn?

LittleRock

Hi,

Im just curious as to if anyone else has had the same. My staffie (1yr old) has been constantly itchy for sometime now. He is bathe, wormed and treated for fleas regularly. His food is simple and quality. We dont feed him much red meat as this made him itchier. Also his breeder told me her bitch (his mum) was sensative to red meat. He does get bones (with minimal meat) reguarly. He gets dried liver for treats and training. His bedding is washed in good quality detergent (what we use).

His coat is gleeming which is also showing his health. For awhile l thought it was a sexual thing (as his what l'll call rocket comes out when he scratches). But now my partner thinks it might be due to our dying lawn. He loves to live outside on the lawn and now with the weather it is dying and/or browning off. We also have a few ants in the backyard as the landlords have fruit trees. so now lm thinking maybe the lawn is causing him to itch. Thoughts and similar stories would be great.

Thanks

Im having the same issue with my 2yo male cattle X and my 3yo female terrier X. we currently dont have much of a lawn left [its mainly dust now with a few patches of dead grass] and they dont have fleas [although they are getting a flea bath just incase the little buggers have escaped my detection]. and they tend to scratch at their feet and lower legs

so I'm kinda in the same boat

Hi,

Im just curious as to if anyone else has had the same. My staffie (1yr old) has been constantly itchy for sometime now. He is bathe, wormed and treated for fleas regularly. His food is simple and quality. We dont feed him much red meat as this made him itchier. Also his breeder told me her bitch (his mum) was sensative to red meat. He does get bones (with minimal meat) reguarly. He gets dried liver for treats and training. His bedding is washed in good quality detergent (what we use).

His coat is gleeming which is also showing his health. For awhile l thought it was a sexual thing (as his what l'll call rocket comes out when he scratches). But now my partner thinks it might be due to our dying lawn. He loves to live outside on the lawn and now with the weather it is dying and/or browning off. We also have a few ants in the backyard as the landlords have fruit trees. so now lm thinking maybe the lawn is causing him to itch. Thoughts and similar stories would be great.

Thanks

One of my Staffies also suffers with what I call a allergy itch, I bath her in EPO Shampoo and have a EPO spray between bathing.

I also give her a Avil tablet sometimes, this is a antihistamine. I find though that her's is seasonal, but with the ground so dry and dusty at the moment is making it worse. But the EPO I have found to be a great help to her. Hope this helps.