Insect Bites?

We had to rush Holly (our ridgeback) to the vet yesterday afternoon :) , I got home from work & saw what looked like a couple of insect bites on her head, but about 1/2 hr later, she had lumps all over her head, face & front legs, her face & eyes were all swollen too.

The vet thinks she was bitten by wasps or some type of insect, had 2 shots & the swelling & lumps seem to calm down immediately. Seems like an allergic reaction to the bites. She slept alot last night.

So fingers crossed all will be okay now. She seems back to her normal self this morning. :thumbsup:

Has anyone had this happen before???

Edited by ridgiemum

We had to rush Holly (our ridgeback) to the vet yesterday afternoon :eek: , I got home from work & saw what looked like a couple of insect bites on her head, but about 1/2 hr later, she had lumps all over her head, face & front legs, her face & eyes were all swollen too.

The vet thinks she was bitten by wasps or some type of insect, had 2 shots & the swelling & lumps seem to calm down immediately. Seems like an allergic reaction to the bites. She slept alot last night.

So fingers crossed all will be okay now. She seems back to her normal self this morning. :)

My girl had the same thing happen about 2 years ago, I gave her a antihistamine tablet and the lumps went, but it was quite bizarre to see her covered in all these lumps, I guessed it was from a bite when I saw her like this. She has never had this happen since, so it was just a one off.

We had to rush Holly (our ridgeback) to the vet yesterday afternoon :thumbsup: , I got home from work & saw what looked like a couple of insect bites on her head, but about 1/2 hr later, she had lumps all over her head, face & front legs, her face & eyes were all swollen too.

So fingers crossed all will be okay now. She seems back to her normal self this morning. :)

My girl had the same thing happen about 2 years ago, I gave her a antihistamine tablet and the lumps went, but it was quite bizarre to see her covered in all these lumps, I guessed it was from a bite when I saw her like this. She has never had this happen since, so it was just a one off.

Thanks anniejac, it is just a bit scary when it happens, you feel very helpless. Holly is all okay now. :)