Dog Obedience Training

Is there anyone here that attends or knows anything about any obedience clubs in this area? We are looking for one that runs classes at times other than a Sunday morning (Saturday, Sunday arvo, evenings during the week).

So far we have located:

Northcote Obedience Club - no information

Broadmeadows Dog Obedience club - Sunday morning sessions.

Wiltja, Bundoora Park - Sunday mornings

The Warringal Obedience Club, Heidelberg West - classes also Sunday mornings.

If anyone knew any clubs in this area that have a different class time would you please let us know Thank You!

Mel.

Thanks everyone for the information. Sunday mornings don't suit our carer so we were hoping to find another time, Saturdays or evenings.

The Underdog training looks fantastic but is only a 4 week course, we are looking to join our carer to a club so that they can continue to take each foster dog to training throughout the year. So we are still looking. Northcote looks good being a Saturday afternoon.

Thanks everyone!

There was an obedience training session happening at Whittlesea on Saturday mornings last year.

I don't have any information as to exact times, training methods used, etc. but used to see them whenever I walked my dogs in the area. There appeared to be 2 or 3 different standard classes going on.

Don't know if it still happens but might be worth checking it out to find out more as it's not that far from you and would suit your time requirements.

They were behind the tennis courts at the end of Laurel St (between the tennis courts and the 'river') and were usually there around 10:30 ish. From a distance it appeared to be well organised at least.

If you are looking for a club that uses positive training methods then Northcote may not be for you- unless it's had a radical overhaul. I was a member several years back when I lived close by but only went to a small number of training sessions and wouldn't recommend the experience.