Peeing On Bedding

hipporider

I have a 20 week old puppy. She sometimes sleeps outside in the garage but sometimes I have her inside in the laundry to sleep. In winter I would like to have her sleep inside as it will be too cold outside.

The problem I have is that when she is inside she is sometimes going to the toilet on her bedding. I have put newspaper all over the remainder of the floor and sometimes she goes on that but she went on her bed and then continued to sleep on the newspaper. I don't want to be washing the bedding every night, not to mention the smell.

How can I train her to use the newspaper and not the bedding. If I put her in the crate, she pees in there too even if the door is open.

everytime you see her doing the right thing give her praise and a treat when she does the wrong thing a simple no and ignore. I did this with my one and it takes a lot of time and a lot of patience but in a month or so you should see results.

Good luck

By 20 weeks she should be nearly toilet trained and able to hold on all night.

You are confusing her by moving her bed from one place to the other. Decide on a spot for her to sleep and stick to it.

What time are you letting her out last thing at night and what time are you are you getting up in the morning to let her out?

By 20 weeks she should be nearly toilet trained and able to hold on all night.

You are confusing her by moving her bed from one place to the other. Decide on a spot for her to sleep and stick to it.

What time are you letting her out last thing at night and what time are you are you getting up in the morning to let her out?

It depends on what time I go to bed, I usually let her out at about 9.30pm. Some (most) nights she does hold on, like last night. I get up about 6-6.30am.

I am going to try to be more consistent.