Goodbye Kitty

greytdog

Had to have my pretty girl Kitty pts this morning. She had had a thyroid problem for some time now and was getting very thin, no matter how much she ate. Last night I gave the cats some ox cheek and during the night she started vomiting and the runs were just dripping out of her. Sometimes she eats too much and throws up, but this was different, she was in pain and all scrunched up. She looked very tired and it was time to let her go.

She came to me as a kitten from the industrial site I worked at at the time. Nominally she was my son's cat, but really she was mine all along. She was small, dainty and very pretty. She was blue, but she had faint stripes on her tail.

Thank you sweetie for 19 years of cuddles.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

Yes, she had a better life than she could have - she was one of the many offspring of a stray cat (Mother) that hung around the forklift drivers' shed where I worked. The forkies used to feed her (the mother), but no one did anything else. I managed to convince the plant manager to give me some money out of the slush fund to have her desexed, so no more litters. Kitty was in her second last one.

I went on holidays for a few days, and when I came back Mother was in a very bad way - had been attacked by something. I asked how long she had been like that. A couple of days apparently. Geez did I tear some heads off! In the end I took her to be pts as she was very badly damaged. So yes, I think Kitty did very well to get out of there.

Actually, some years later I found a tiny stray kitten under a bush in the display centre at the same property. My sister kept him and now he's a HUGE lump of cat, very spoilt.

Anyway, a sad day for us. However I know I did the right thing sending her to the bridge as it was time.