Metrogyl & Metacam

I would say yes as I have given Metacam and antibiotics together (as per vet instructions after operations). They work differently so not sure they would interact with each other.

There's a few vet nurses here so hopefully one of them will come along soon to confirm.

Thanks for replying arty farty.

Still waiting to hear back from the vet - logically, I would think that antibiotics & anti inflamms are used concurrently quite a lot (esp. after surgeries etc.) - but I would like to know definitely before I start treating.

My peke has had a bout of the runs and was given the Metrogyl for that a few days ago (which has now cleared up), but now her disc problem (which crops up about twice a year) has started. We have her confined to a small space and usually treat with Metacam for a couple of days.

Just a question - metrogyl is most commonly given for gastro-intestinal upsets. Has your dog been vomiting or had diarrhoea? If so, I would be holding off on the metacam until the tummy issues are all settled.

Edited by stormie

Thanks everyone for replying.

I spoke to the vet late yesterday arvo - and as the diarrhoea had stopped on Sunday (no poops since, which apparently is quite common with Metrogyl), and no vomiting at all, she was happy for me to give the Metacam for her back.